Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fast Forward

It truly has been a while since I mentioned anything in this space so here goes. Things have been going well lately. I believe the following quote from my boyfriend last night just about sums everything up:

"You always think you're not going to make it, you're not good enough, things wont work out.. and then you're in everything, you're more than good enough, and everything works out."

I guess I have more self doubt than I care to realize but maybe I should cut that out for the time being. Things with SoulForce couldn't be better. We did one show so far in Golden Gate park in front of quite a few people. It was a free event so folks were stumbling upon us outside and couldn't help but stop and watch. The audience was very supportive of our mishap with the CD... the damn thing skipped but we recovered professionally. Gotta love the power of error. Sometimes we don't leave room for that life because we expect everything to be flawless. well at least I do. haha.

SoulForce is performing next at the end of May at a middle school in Daly City twice in the morning. Im actually really excited to perform for kids.. they seem to be a ton less judgmental.. plus I think they'll really enjoy what we do for them.  We are also performing in June 6 times at Mission in the Mix! I'm really looking forward to finishing these pieces in the coming weeks of rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment